Post-pregnancy surgery, also called a Mommy Makeover, can help women restore their bodies after childbirth. One of the most important steps of the process begins after the surgery is complete. A full recovery requires following some simple directions, giving yourself time to rest and heal, and maintaining a positive attitude while your body becomes whole again. To make this experience as pleasant and swift as possible, our extensively trained plastic surgeons have provided a handful of tips to help you along:
- Make sure you have a strong support system—typically family and/or friends—to assist you and make your recovery easier.
- Have a plan to keep your mind busy. Books, TV shows and films, puzzles, and other simple, fun activities can take your mind off healing and provide plenty of entertainment.
- Walking can be beneficial, but don’t overdo it. Vigorous exercise should be avoided for four to six weeks, or as long as your physician recommends.
- Keep in close communication with our medical team. You will have several follow-up appointments, and you can always call our office with any questions or concerns between visits.
- If you have small children, try and get some help taking care of them so you can focus on recovering. Remember: lifting is not recommended for the first few weeks.
- Have patience. This process takes a little time but is well worth the wait.
If you have any questions about how to make Mommy Makeover work for your goals, please reach out to our skilled medical team today.